King of Tokyo: 2nd Edition
It's rampage time!
King of Tokyo is a game from Richard Garfield for 2 to 6 players in which you play as mutant monsters, gigantic robots, and other aliens all of whom are vying for position as the one and only King of Tokyo.
Play mutant monsters, gigantic robots and other monstrous creatures, rampaging the city and vying for position as the one and only King of Tokyo!
Combine your dice to gather energy, heal your monster or just slap the other monsters down! Spend your energy to trigger permanent or one-shot special powers: a second head, body armor, nova death ray...
Stop at nothing to become the King of Tokyo... but that’s when the real trouble begins for you!
2nd Edition features:
New artwork, new monsters, same game: discover the new face of King of Tokyo!
On the 5th anniversary of the release of the best-seller by Richard Garfield, King of Tokyo gets a facelift with a new version, entirely redone by a group of artists* lead by Régis Torres, who previously illustrated the Halloween expansion pack and King of New York.
In addition to these exclusive illustrations, this new version will have a new rulebook that was reworked to be clearer, as well as two new monsters: the ever-so-popular Space Penguin (the original version, highly sought-after by players, was only available through tournaments) and Cyber Kitty.
- 2013 Nederlandse Spellenprijs Best Family Game Winner
- 2013 Nederlandse Spellenprijs Best Family Game Nominee
- 2013 Juego del Año Tico Nominee
- 2013 Hra roku Nominee
- 2013 Guldbrikken Best Family Game Winner
- 2013 Guldbrikken Best Family Game Nominee
- 2013 Boardgames Australia Awards Best International Game Nominee
- 2012 Ludoteca Ideale Winner
- 2012 Gouden Ludo Nominee
- 2012 Golden Geek Best Thematic Board Game Nominee
- 2012 Golden Geek Best Party Game Winner
- 2012 Golden Geek Best Party Board Game Nominee
- 2012 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Winner
- 2012 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Nominee
- 2012 Golden Geek Best Children's Game Winner
- 2012 Golden Geek Best Children's Board Game Nominee
- 2012 Golden Geek Best Board Game Artwork/Presentation Nominee
- 2012 As d'Or - Jeu de l'Année Nominee
- 2011 Lys Grand Public Finalist
- 2011 Lucca Games Best Family Game Nominee
- 2011 Japan Boardgame Prize Voters' Selection Nominee
- 2011 Golden Geek Best Party Board Game Nominee
Contents: 6 Monster boards; 6 cardboard figures + stands; 6 black dice + 2 green dice; 66 Power cards; 50 Energy cubes; 28 tokens; 1 Tokyo board; 1 rulebook
Recommended Age: 8+
Number of Players: 2-6
Average Playing Time: 30 min.